Heavy radiator fixings into Thermalite block - advice needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm fitting a radiator to a plasterboard wall ready for the plumber to pipe up. Having had a quick peek behind the board though theres a large gap between the rear of the plasterboard and the thermalite block (60mm). I have used the Dryline Pro fixing (https://www.drylinepro.com/) for previous radiators that have worked well but none of them have had a gap as big as this. What would people recommend?
IMG_2761.jpg

Sponsored Links
Or cut out bits of board and put noggins in, kinda similar to what I’ve just said in your other thread but bigger battens/noggins fixed to the blockwork if it’s taking the weight of the radiator

Thanks for the replies, I think I'm going do go down the space-plug route. Total weight of the radiator filled will be 47.3kg. I'm thinking one space plug and hex screw per bracket (4 in total). Does this sound reasonable?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back