Heavy scaffold shelf - what fixings would you recommend

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey folks.

I'm going to put up a scaffold shelf in the kitchen. At 160cm length it's feeling a bit weighty, and I also want to add a bar / hooks underneath to hang pans (so even more weight). Pretty much like this:

Capture.JPG

I got this heavy-duty bracket set off Amazon. The brackets feel great, however the included screws look anything but heavy duty.

What screws & fixings would you recommend going into a solid brick / block wall?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
All depends on the type of wall you're fixing into -- what's behind your plaster?

If it's solid brick/block, then I'd personally use anchor bolts.

All depends on the type of wall you're fixing into -- what's behind your plaster?

If it's solid brick/block, then I'd personally use anchor bolts.

It's brick / block, but I don't know if it has a cavity.

Sponsored Links
It's brick / block, but I don't know if it has a cavity.

An M8 70mm bolt will go into a standard block and still have ~30mm clear behind (they're 100mm in depth). Plus you'll have plaster on top of that giving you another 10-15mm to get through. Same for brick, too. I'm presuming you live in a house built within the last 100 years.

Anything with the type of weight you're proposing is better fixed with these than screws and plugs.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back