Height of external twin wall flue ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Selkirk say that the twin wall flue should extend 2.3m above the guttering to give 2.3m distance from the roof surface, if the roof is 45deg slope. My neighbor has a boiler outlet coming through the roof which is only 1m and the roof is 45deg, so it can only be 1m from the roof surface. What is the correct height for a flue?

Sponsored Links
What matters is if its working and doing what it should do.

I dont know where you got your selkirk figures but they are miles out and wrong for open flued and 45 degree pitches

So your neighbours boiler is not gas its a solid fuel boiler using that exact type of flue??

Sponsored Links
It looks like next doors is from a gas boiler. I was just wondering what length of twin wall above the guttering, a Hetas reg fitter would install my chimney. 2.3m is very high.

as per my first answer i was answering for a standard domestic open flued gas boiler .
Regs pertaining to other fuels or flue types /sizes would not necessarily equate .

Your question should be about what you are thinking of getting not what your neighbour may have.

So you would be better asking a new question directed directly at Hetas fitters saying what appliance you are thinking of getting and the likely flue run then they will be able to advise you correctly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back