Question about flue pipe on a wood burner multi fuel applian

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am just about to buy a wood burner dual fuel appliance. The flue outlet connection is 5 inch and I want to run an external flue outside and up the wall so that it is 1 metre above the roof line. The cost of the flue for the appliance is ridiculous and so what I need to know is would an 8 inch internal diameter selkirk twin wall be ok nfor the installation. I als have a cowel for the twin wall but I just need some advice.

When i spoke to the shop they said selkirk would work but I didn't tell them it was 8 inch internal diameter. Obviously I would need a 5-8 inch adaptor as well. Any advice would be most welcome.

Sponsored Links
Only addvice you should get is to follow the manufactures instructions, and use the proper fittings

flue only requires to be that of the flue spigot.i wouldsuggest 6in min. it needs to be insulated twin wall.pick a fire and then seek manufacturers advise.

It does however depend on equivalent length write to manufacturer with all facts and ask forwriten response. If you don't get consent in writing thin ice.

You have all summer.

Sponsored Links
solid fuel chimneys must meet BS EN 1443 standards.

I very much doubt a cheaper alternative will be acceptble as the materials used for solid fuel are of a much higher grade to resist the corrosive properties of solid fuel gases.

There should be a performance designation code on the product similar to the following: T400 N2 D 3 G 50

If you can find this infomation and post it here i can let you know if it's suitable.

Also don't take solid fuel for granted. When burned correctly it produces a far greater percentage of CO than any other heating fuel (12,000+ PPM) so make sure you get it right.

Sam

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back