Multi fuel burner flue

The most you can have is 1 90degree bend or 2 45degree bends and you need to make sure all pipes
are well pushed in.

Sponsored Links
It looks a bit odd for a new build; you can almost imagine that it was only ever intended for decoration. Does the chimney breast extend into the room, or is it built onto the outside as it's got a very deep recess. The stove is only 355mm wide, and is designed to fit into a standard 16" opening, and as you're not going to get a smaller stove, I'm a little perplexed as to what the new installers are going to suggest, so I'd be a little wary of what they suggest.

When I suggested you widen the opening, it's a case of a builder taking a row of bricks out of each side of it, as I think the stoves okay, and just needs a couple of 45 bends to bring it further into the room, but you need a builder to adjust the chimney opening.

As the initial installers aren't Hetas registered, they should at least take the stove back and give a refund, and you might agree to accept a reduced cost for the liner.

I am willing to believe that some of these stove fans work, but my BIL bought what looked like a pretty good one. He curses it and claims that he would get more heat from the cat breathing on his hand.
I have one, not a thermocouple type but a Sterling engine model, which does blow warm air out into the room very effectively and becomes more powerful the hotter the stove. I suppose it's all down to good design.

I have a couple of the thermo voltaic fans - around £60 I think - very good they are too.
Wouldn't mind a Stirling one - certainly appeals to me!
John :)

Sponsored Links
I have a couple of the thermo voltaic fans - around £60 I think - very good they are too.
Wouldn't mind a Stirling one - certainly appeals to me!
John :)
A bit more expensive at about £80 I think, but it is very well made and maintenance free. Not even any need to lubricate as it uses a graphite piston. To be honest, I bought it partly because I was interested to see first hand how it works.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back