Offsetting in a Flue for Multi Fuel Burning Stove

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone. Hopefully this is the correct place to ask this.

I'm going to be having a Multifuel burner installed. At present with the fireplace opening we have, the flue will be able to go straight up from the top of the stove with no offset. The place that the fire is, sits mainly to the left, on the wall and I'm wondering if it's possible to open the fireplace a little to the right and in effect make the fireplace look like it's more central.

This would mean that the flue would be at an angle to the chimney, not a huge amount, but I wonder if flues can be offset to the right or left as I have only seen flues offset to the back when used with a rear flue etc.

Hope that maks sense and thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Seem to recall that the first 30cm of flue have to be vertical, which may rule out your planned offset. But I'm not Hetas, so wait for more qualified advice.

You may be correct but I haven't come across that one before, there are lots of images with offset flues starting at the stove top, so not sure on that one. As you say hopefully someone will be able to advise further.

Sponsored Links
I presume then that most often the offset is hidden behind and under the closure plate?

Not always, when fitting stoves to a lot of chimneys, it is a case of however you can get it, the offset could be on show or above the register plate but don't forget you have to make provision to connect the liner..

By the way, whatever you have seen in marketing pictures, NO 90 degree bends

Okay thanks for this. We're having the work done by a Hetas Installer so should all be ok, I just like to understand things too before they are done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back