Height of new service head

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Uk Power Networks are coming to install a new service head. I'd like to know the what is the maximum height that they can install it but each time I speak to them they tell me something different. Can someone point me to where it clearly and unequivocally satiates this? Thanks

Sponsored Links
I suspect that it's down to their own operating procedures, so probably no-one but them could tell you. I've certainly seen service heads both very close to the floor and pretty close to a ceiling!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
The surveyor proposed to install it 1000mm from floor level and bang int he middle of the under stairs space. He was reluctant to agree to install it any higher even though he said it could be installed 1000mm-1700mm from the floor

The UKPN guys can be quite flexible if you have a ready supply of coffee, cocky biscuits and/or bacon butties.

**HINT** Plan how you will supply these bribes to them while your power is off though!

That's what I was told initially but then I was told something different on two different occasions when I tried to check it out with them. Is there an HSE document that specifies the max height?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back