Hello All : Newbie requiring advice about a toilet

Toilet.jpg

Never thought see the day my toilet would be on the world wide web :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Wait, that's MY toilet, my suspicions are confirmed! :confused:

Actually, it's rather a nice 'little room' Simple and clean design.

I've never installed one of these, (although others here will have) but I think you could fit it to a panel that went over the front of the cistern, if there's enough space without it interfering with seat up or sitting position.
Does the noisy flush annoy you when in there, or does it disturb rest of the household at night etc.

How high is the ceiling anyway?

Deluks said:
Wait, that's MY toilet, my suspicions are confirmed! :confused:

Actually, it's rather a nice 'little room' Simple and clean design.

I've never installed one of these, (although others here will have) but I think you could fit it to a panel that went over the front of the cistern, if there's enough space without it interfering with seat up or sitting position.
Does the noisy flush annoy you when in there, or does it disturb rest of the household at night etc.

How high is the ceiling anyway?

The flush is rather noisy & being a bungalow, the bedrooms are in close vicinity. This can be a problem especially at night especially.

The ceiling is just under 8ft high ... Probably standard, but feels high when in there, with the room being narrow

comfortably_numb said:
This can be a problem especially at night especially.

That made me laugh made me laugh. :LOL:

Well tight fitting doors will make a difference. it's suprising how much sound can get under a door. Is there carpet on the other side of the door in the hallway?

An unusual but helpful solution maybe be found if you are willing to have a fabric ceiling, but depends on the type of lighting in there and it's position.

Sponsored Links
Yes there is carpet in the hallway ... I will check out the fabric ceiling route ... If only i could afford to knock the wall down between the toilet & the bathroom ... That may solve the problem :oops:

Fabric ceiling will be cheaper. I'll explain the basics. you fix insulation slabs (rockwool type) to the ceiling, then cover this up with a cloth covered frame of 2x2 timber. Use thin cloth of a colour that will match existing decor, will cost you about 6" of room height, but you need to leave plenty of space around any light fittings.
If it's a single bulb on a flex then you might have to extend it somewhat. If you have halogen downlighters then you'll probably need to install these into the frame, and probably use fire hoods on top just to be safe. Probably need someone with electrical savvy if you aren't confident about messing with the lights.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back