Hello & Baxi 105e Hot Water problem - again

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly hello to all.

As the subject suggests, I have a Baxi 105e that now produces no hot water. I can get hot water if the heating is on, albeit not as hot. After a lot of searching on here it appears that the Pressure Differential Valve Diaphragm may be at fault.

However before I start looking further I have a few questions.

1.) When I turn the hot tap on both plungers (dif valve & 3 way valve) remain in (away from the microswitch). If I activate the front switch the boiler starts and the pin on the 3 way valve shoots out but still no hot water. Does this still indicate that the Diff Valve Diaphragm is at fault?

2.) If I change this diaphragm it says in the book to drain the primary circuit first. How do you do this and how do you refill it?

3.) Can you get at this diaphragm by removing the front cover only or do you have to remove the full assy?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back