HELLO EVERY ONE FROM NEWBI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI ALL,
I,M NEW TO THIS FORUM AND HOPE TO GET SOME ADVISE FROM YOU EXPERTS.
I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY CENTRAL HEATING,KEEP GETTING AIR IN IT
I HAD A OLD SERVOWARM BOILER WHICH GAVE UP TSO I HAD A POTTERTON PROFILE FITTED BUT EVER SINSE HAD PROBLEMS WITH AIR IN THE SYSTEM AND THE BOILER CUTS OUT.
AS FAR AS I AM AWARE THERES NO VENT PIPE JUST A PIPE CUMMING FROM THE HEADER TANK.
ANY IDEAS???
THANKS.ALAN.

Sponsored Links
Welcome, expect the odd mickey-take ;) As soon as I saw Servowarm in your statement - I thought Strange Pipework :cry: Going way back they did some of the strangest things ...like a vase on a wall as a header tank - no I`m NOT kidding :eek: ...You have a combined fill+ vent from what you describe . Only real answer-unless you can get some good pictures here of parts of your system-Is to get a plumber to look at the pipework layout. And for you to resist a powerflush as a panacea for all the problems - it may or may not be needed..

Welcome, expect the odd mickey-take ;) As soon as I saw Servowarm in your statement - I thought Strange Pipework :cry: Going way back they did some of the strangest things ...like a vase on a wall as a header tank - no I`m NOT kidding :eek: ...You have a combined fill+ vent from what you describe . Only real answer-unless you can get some good pictures here of parts of your system-Is to get a plumber to look at the pipework layout. And for you to resist a powerflush as a panacea for all the problems - it may or may not be needed..

I am going to attempt to fit a vent pipe to the system and take it over the header tank.
will I fit it before or after the pump ???
also will be using a 15mm pipe.
Cheers :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Really need a picture of existing pipework layout to tell you where vent needs to connect, and a few more details on your system. If its fully pumped then the location of the Vent and Cold feed are critical to prevent pumping over and other problems. BTW vent should be 22mm, and be fitted before the pump, otherwise it will pump over!

Really need a picture of existing pipework layout to tell you where vent needs to connect, and a few more details on your system. If its fully pumped then the location of the Vent and Cold feed are critical to prevent pumping over and other problems. BTW vent should be 22mm, and be fitted before the pump, otherwise it will pump over!

Cheers for that.It,s an old servowarm system!!!!
I can email pic if thats ok.
Alan.

Pic would be better put either in the thread or in your profile, gives others chance to comment then. There's a wealth of knowlege amongst the contributors on here, between us all we should be able to assist you.

cheers for the info,I will post pics over week-end and sort out some 22mm pipes.
I have added some pics of my heating layout in my album if any one has any comments.
can I change the 15mm feed/vent pipe to 22mm????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back