Help- 10mm causing chaos

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fitted a shower tray and somehow have managed to knock the room 10mm out is square (pics attached)

So the problem I’m faced with is do I follow the original line which you can see and cut the tiles into the tray to offset that 10mm at the top? Or do I now follow the line of the tray set the tiles square and cut them into the wall obviously this won’t run quite true to centrex

There will be a skirt on the wall side also. I have asked two friends who are tilers and they’ve both said the complete opposite to each other.

Attachments

• 30428985-7548-4D49-95FC-E2D990A4B08D.jpeg
    30428985-7548-4D49-95FC-E2D990A4B08D.jpeg
    217.5 KB · Views: 291
  • C56F6547-FBB8-418D-B5B9-A04DAFAF1E1E.jpeg
    C56F6547-FBB8-418D-B5B9-A04DAFAF1E1E.jpeg
    172.8 KB · Views: 289
Sponsored Links
I'd follow line of tray and lose the 10mm at the wall. The skirting will hide some of it.
Thanks man this makes the most sense to me surely moving the centre line along 10mm at one end isn’t going to be noticeable!?

Thanks man this makes the most sense to me surely moving the centre line along 10mm at one end isn’t going to be noticeable!?

It won't catch your eye against the wall whereas in the middle of the room near the tray it'd be really obvious. 10 mm isn't a huge amount and against the skirting you'll probably hardly notice it

Sponsored Links
here's a best practice possibility -

strike your centre line from the centre of your threshold -
balance out the tile to have roughly even cuts on either wall/abutment - this might mean adjusting the centre tile.
tile should run under fixtures such as the WC and any skirtings - cutting in might lead to future difficulties.

an extractor will help with the condensation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back