Help - 2 way switch problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There are 2 switches for my bathroom's light, one of the switches, switch A, has to remain on for the other, switch B, to work.
What's wrong ? What can I do to make it right?
Please help!!! :(
Thank you in advance!
:eek:

Sponsored Links
Put the wires into the correct terminals of each switch ( with the power switched off). Test the circuit with appropriate test equipment and then switch the power back on, the light will then work as required.

tonlist said:
There are 2 switches for my bathroom's light, one of the switches, switch A, has to remain on for the other, switch B, to work.
Thank you in advance!
Has it always been like this, or has something changed recently?

Softus said:
tonlist said:
Thank you in advance!
Has it always been like this, or has something changed recently?

It's always been like this. Only recently thinking of to rectify it.

Thank to Softus and pdcelec!

I will try.

Sponsored Links
Note that you will need two two-way switches, and the cable connecting them needs to be three-core-and-earth, otherwise you have no chance of making it work.

The wiring diagram for what you're trying to do is here.

Bathroom lights?

Not a normal place to have 2-way switches. Might be something unusual.

What's the size and layout of the bathroom, and why does it need two switches?

Softus said:
Note that you will need two two-way switches, and the cable connecting them needs to be three-core-and-earth,
Do they have 3C+E cable in Germany?

Does that type of cable (reduced and unsleeved cpc) conform to German regulations?

otherwise you have no chance of making it work.
That simply isn't true. It isn't true in the UK, and it isn't true in places where they have a different way of implementing multi-way light switching.

The wiring diagram for what you're trying to do is here.
Is it?

Does that conform to the German way of wiring things?

Do you know for sure that in Germany they don't use the same system as the French, with latching relays and momentary-action switches?

ban-all-sheds said:
Does that type of cable (reduced and unsleeved cpc) conform to German regulations?
even if it doesn't there is probablly some "another EU standard" type clause that would let you use it

You mean that isn't a joke, like the people who pretend to be in Patagonia, Cuba or the Antarctic? How can you tell?

I just assume that when people come on here they don't tell lies.

Big difference between a new poster registering his location and Breezer's ficticious peripateticism...

Thank you all for your kindness, I found the replies are real helpful to me.

Well, I am asking this for the bathroom of my summer house at else where that applied British System. So the diagram is just perfect! Thanks again.

There are 2 rooms sharing one attached bathroom. ;)

Regards

Sponsored Links
Back