Help adding a room stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

The house that we have moved into has a Worcester 24i RF combi boiler installed.

I would like to add a room stat rather than just having to use the manual on / off switch on the mechanical programmer on the front of the boiler.

I do not have the boiler instructions but notice that on the PCB there are the following connections free.

RN (Neutral?)
RI (Switched Live?)
RL (Live?)

Currently the RI and RL terminals are bridged.

Here is a link to the instructions for a wireless stat I have been looking at in screwfix

http://www.screwfix.com/sfd/i/cat/pdfs/87/p4766387.pdf

It looks like I would just need to connect L1 and LX to to RL and RI? And obviously L and N to a 230v power source.

Can anyone confirm that this is correct before I buy it?

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
I've had a quick look at this. and I don't think you have it right
This is how I see it.
With the link removed RL is live and this goes to LX on the stat(com). Then L1 on the stat goes back to RI on the pcb.which is the switched live.
So RL(live) to LX (com)
and RI to L1

I've had a quick look at this. and I don't think you have it right
This is how I see it.
With the link removed RL is live and this goes to LX on the stat(com). Then L1 on the stat goes back to RI on the pcb.which is the switched live.
So RL(live) to LX (com)
and RI to L1

Good job I checked then eh, thanks mandate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back