Help! Air in HW system and Flexicom showing F25 or F22

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Traditional open-vented system, Glowworm Flexicom 24HX boiler, new 3 years ago.

Yesterday I changed a downstairs rad and some pipework so rather than drain the entire system I blocked the expansion pipe with an end cap and closed the stopcock on the F&E tank outlet. By draining off a little water from the CH I was able to reduce the flow to just a trickle and make the water "hang" in the pipes, good enough for a quick cut and pop on an isolator to the rad pipework.

This morning there's no hot water.

Pump is making a racket and boiler was displaying F25 and now displaying F22. Opening the bleed screw on the pump produces water and varying the pump speed makes no difference.

I've opened the auto vent on the cylinder circuit and no air came out.

The CH runs separately although the pump is noisy but as soon as I switch on the HW the boiler ramps down and stops.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Yes thanks, F&E was full and this evening it seems to be working, although there is still a lot of air bubbling through the pump.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back