Help and advice appreciative please! Myson Compact

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Needed some help if possible! Under massive financial strain being laid off recently and not looking forward to calling in a plumber for their horrendous fees to figure out whats wrong with my central heating - and the days are getting cold!

Hot water is working fine with the system and the central heating was working ok around Christmas last year but then decided to stop working. As a manual work around we used the manual Valve override to switch the heat over onto the CH from the HW which worked out. Now we have switched the CH on last week.. and its a no go.

I try to manually switch over on the valve and it wont move. The Myson Compact is on Level 3 and when I turn the HW off and just leave the CH on, and the Thermostat (which was replaced last year so dont doubt that.. hopefully!) up to high. The boiler doesnt come on, no pump, no valve movement but the lights are on CH.

Is this a pump or Valve (or both) problem?

Any ideas? Much Appreciative!

Had no experience with central heating before and I will use the 'Im just a girl' card to ask for plain english answers!!

Thanks in advance.

:D

Sponsored Links
forgot to mention when it was acting all quirky beginning of the year, it was towards the end only heating up the rads upstairs and not downstairs if thats any further help.

The pump and valve also made a vibrating noise when we did the manual change on the valve.

Can you hear the pump running.

The problem is most likely the MV.

need more info on the system and what you have.

The pump isnt doing anything when its just the CH but when the HW comes on its doing something, i put my hand on it (with a cloth as its bloomin hot!) its vibrating.

Sponsored Links
Have you got a motorised valve around the cylinder/ pump area.

Is there a slider on the end that you can hook in the manual position.

forgot to mention when it was acting all quirky beginning of the year, it was towards the end only heating up the rads upstairs and not downstairs if thats any further help.

The pump and valve also made a vibrating noise when we did the manual change on the valve.

err is there water in the system :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back