Help and advice if possible please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I need to set the picture for you, up stairs along one wall is three door ways, the first is the bathroom, second the airing cupboard, and the third is the main bedroom. Each only has about 5inches of brickwork between them. I unfortunately had some cowboy builders in to remove the existing metal door frames and replace them with wooden ones. What is left of the blocks inbetween the frames is damaged between the first two doors. The Airing cupboard wants to be knocked out and thus create more space in the bathroom but as the brickwork above the doors also has a poured concrete lintel of sorts above them I think I need to have brickwork to block up the old airing cupboard doorway and to create a suitable area for a door frame to go. I guess the key question is that all the brickwork I can see appears to be laid on wooden 4x2 or similar, do I need to repeat this to lay my wall to brick up the door frame, or is there a way I can get away with wood to do the job?

Thanks a lot if you can help in any way

Nick

Sponsored Links
Hi nick, i'm not a pro, but couldn't you simply put in a timber frame and plasterboard, and then skim over it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back