help bath tap tails too short

In that case, I would use a large hole saw and cut out the fibre glass from the under side, down to the wood and hopefully this will give you an extra 5 mm.

Sponsored Links
Is trying to pack it out with 2/ 3 fibre washers a bad idea? I'm going to try a flexi tomorrow to see if that requires less thread than a copper tap connector to bite up.

You may be lucky, I think they might be.

Or could you recess the wood where the tap comes through, to give you some clearance?

the woods underneath the fibre glass though like how most base boards are these days so will be hard to recess in to it any ideas? will try the flexi tap connector is there any way of packing this out with another washer?

Sponsored Links
What you need to do is recess the hole so the tap nut can be tightened further onto the tails of the taps. A router would do the trick, or a large forstner chisel bit.

Is it possible to recess the back nuts into the fibreglass/wood using a hole saw? Not ideal I know but might get you out of trouble.

In that case, I would use a large hole saw and cut out the fibre glass from the under side, down to the wood and hopefully this will give you an extra 5 mm.

+1

You will need to clamp a bit of wood to the topside of the bath to center the holesaw, perhaps with a circular bit of wood just smaller than the existing taphole glued on on and poking down.

If you ever meet the designer of the bath greet him with a knee in the ballcocks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back