Help -Blomberg LDVS2284 Integrated Dishwasher – excessive steam condensation on door after cycle end

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_20180427_061328.jpg IMG_20180427_061336.jpg

OK – looking for some help / advice from those knowledgeable in dishwashers.

Recently replaced a 10+ year old Electrolux ESL-424 integrated slim line dishwasher with another “graded” Blomberg LDVS2284. The old one was getting very noisy.

The problem I seem to have with the new one is excessive condensation on the upper edge of the door after the cycle has finished. After leaving the door closed for 15-20 mins after the cycle finishes (red floor light goes out), when the door is opened the top edge is really very wet and is now staining the solid wood décor door panel. The retailer says this is normal;, but we never had this problem with the old one – installed in the same location with the same door. See attached photos

The odd thing is that if we open the door as soon as the cycle finishes, the problem is not so bad, so this made me think that the “condensation evacuation” system maybe at fault. I have removed the side panels to check if there is anything obvious, but I am unsure how this system works. On the right side there is a large clear plastic channel that appears to connect to the sump pump and the pipe connecting it to the sump pump has water in it. The plastic channel appears empty. On the left side is a more sophisticated plastic channel with various connections, and this is almost full with water. Is this correct? – Again see attached photos.

Any other ideas? I am very happy with the price I paid and the wash quality, but I fear that the door panel will eventually become sodden and deteriorate

Many thanks

EliTom

Attachments

• P5283982.JPG
    P5283982.JPG
    294.1 KB · Views: 399
  • P5283983.JPG
    P5283983.JPG
    210.7 KB · Views: 374
  • P5283984.JPG
    P5283984.JPG
    323.7 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back