Prima LPR660 dishwasher heating element will not shut off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I have a Prima LPR660 dishwasher, model number 850870215001 (slimline integrated model). We usually run it at night, last thing before going to bed. A few days ago, I opened the diswasher as usual in the morning to empty it and noticed the dishes were all still very hot with some residual steam - at least 8h after the cycle finished. Usually it is cold when opening it the morning after a cycle. Since then I've only run it during the day when I'm around to turn it off at the end of the cycle when it beeps (by opening the door and pressing the on/off switch on the door). I've noticed that if I open the door 10-15 min after the cycle has ended, I can hear a bubbling/hissing sound from the floor of the applicance, as if water or steam was hitting a still-heated element.

I keep the dishwasher clean (rinse filters regularly, run a cleaning cycle at 70 degrees C with Finish dishwasher cleaner once a month), so there shouldn't be any blockages. The dishwasher is two years old. Could this be a generic PCB failure? Apart from the overheating problem, the dishwasher cleans OK and the cycles work normally. However, I don't want to leave it on overnight in case it overheats at cycle end and catches fire...

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back