HELP!!! BOILERMATE 2000 Not working HELP!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

I am posting in desperation for a friend in Saltash, nr Plymouth. She is a Single Mum and has very little funding. Recently her heating stopped working and she was desperate. A couple of "so called" experts said they thought it may be her boiler. So in a Eureeka moment I suggested the Boiler replacement scheme so she would have a new one fitted paid for by the Government. Unfortunately the firm she got in have told her that her Boilermate 2000 is not working and quoted her £1,800 to replace it before they will replace her boiler. She lives in a town house and has a top floor on-suite which is why I assume she has this bloody stupid tank on the first floor.
I have no plumbing knowledge and when I loked at the tank all I saw was that she has a rusty leaky pipe going into the flor and that the PCB only lights up when it feels like.
What I need is for anyone that knows how I can actually get an honest opinion about what is wrong with her heating and surely isn't she allowed a new tank under the Government scheme?
I am desperate and have even said she will have to stay at mine with her kids because she has NO heating at all.
I am sorry if I am posting in the wrong place but I am desperate for some help for her because she is a real darling that is in bits right now.

Kind regards
John

Sponsored Links
Get someone else.

You can put a combi boiler in and rip the old boilermate out.
I'd do the whole job for £1300 with a new boiler.

Sorry to be thick and thank you for your reply DC.

Would a combi boiler be powerful enough to send hot water to her on-suite on the third floor of her Townhouse? I assume that a combi boiler could be fitted under the government scheme then?

Regards
John

The Government scheme only relates to boilers!

Since its "free" to the recipient then I don't think anyone should criticise the limited scope.

I see many people benefitting from these schemes who really have enough money to have paid for it themselves.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi Tony,

I apologize if you felt I was critical of the Government's the scheme because I was not. All I am saying is that the purpose is to encourage people to be more fuel efficient and I assume that grant is made to people wishing to do this, I heard it was up to £4000 per applicant. If that's the case then to make this lady efficient she would need her tank replaced, because they want to charge her for this she is not able to take advantage of a new boiler to which she is entitled. That's all I am saying and you can be sure that this lady has NO MEANS to buy one.

I will make inquiries to see if a Combi Boiler ca be fitted under the scheme that might be a solution to this problem.

I agree wit your last comment about many having boilers replaced under the scheme when they could afford to pay for it but it's not "free" as you say because we all pay extra through our bills also it is means tested.

It is "free" to the recipient. The rest of us pay.

An RGI had to fit a free boiler under a scheme for a man who lived in a six bed detached house with a brand new large Jaguar outside.

But the boiler was free to him because he had some disability! But obviously he was very wealthy and could easily have afforded to pay for it.

We thought it was a misuse of public ( our ) funds!

Tony

Tony agree totally with your comment about the Jaguar Man.

I will try somewhere else to resolve her problem.

Thanks.

Sorry to be thick and thank you for your reply DC.

Would a combi boiler be powerful enough to send hot water to her on-suite on the third floor of her Townhouse? I assume that a combi boiler could be fitted under the government scheme then?

Regards
John

Yes. The government only replace boilers though so they wouldn't be interested in dealing with the boilermate.
Best to rip the lot out and put in a combi. How you go about doing that and get a free boiler under the scheme I am not sure.

Why not give gledhill a call on : 01253 474450, at least if they give you a price to fix it there shouldent be any surprises.

Just had a British Gas Guy out who says it can only be one of two things and those are the wires or the PCB, unfortunately it's the PCB. I have priced one up for £184.

Can anyone tell me is this a plug and play fix or more complex?

Regards
John

Just had a British Gas Guy out who says it can only be one of two things and those are the wires or the PCB, unfortunately it's the PCB. I have priced one up for £184.

Can anyone tell me is this a plug and play fix or more complex?

Regards
John

There are boiler rental schemes if she is desperate , u pay monthly over an agreed time (summit like that ??)

You never own the boiler afaik ??

That's a damn good price for a GT155! If you intend to DIY make sure you alter the links so that they are the same as the old board.
Putting a single link in #5 [the right hand slot ] will initiate a test procedure if you want to look cool. No need to swap all of the plugs over although there might be one that doesn't fit and you might have to swap it. [or figure out the cheat ;)]
The sensor test instructions are usually on the back of the front cover of the thermal store.

Basically all this board does is monitor 3 sensors and send power to three pumps and the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back