Help, building a fence on retaining wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I recently had some problems with a scumbag, so I need to sort out my garden fence that backs onto a lane. The stone retaining wall goes up to ground level, then a small flimsy panels sits on top with small posts behind.

f0pyfn.jpg

I'm thinking a standard 6ft fence with aris rails like the ones behind could rip out of the wall with strong winds? I need something strong and secure that I can attach anti-climb spikes to, any recommendations?

Also I have a full house renovation thread on another forum, am I allowed to post the link on here?

Sponsored Links
Fences behind retaining walls are a real headache. The only way to do it properly is to do them together.

Putting the posts directly behind the wall will as you say act like a sail and possibly drag it over.

Any kind of fence that is not solid will be much more suitable but perhaps less private.

The more distance you can put between the rear of the wall and the posts the better.

Not sure why we need a link to your rennovation?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back