Help! Can't screw the anchor bolts into plasterboard! :(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everybody,

This is my first time experimenting with DIY. I've been trying to mount my projector onto the ceiling. I got those hollow wall anchor bolts (10mm diameter) and just can't get them to work. The first one wouldn't secure and the second one just made a huge hole and fell above the ceiling. I've followed the exact instructions and made sure the little teeth on the anchor bolts were secured in the plasterboard. What am I doing wrong here? :confused: I've attached pictures just in case.

Many thanks!!! Appreciate your help!

//www.diynot.com/network/PaulJunior92/albums/

Sponsored Links
Even with the fixings properly in place I would not think it ideal to have the projector fixed to plasterboard. Either fix it to a joist or put a noggin in.

Sponsored Links
You definitely need the setting tool for those fixings.

When I last had to do this I painted a piece of MDF to match the ceiling and screwed it to the joists, then mounted the projector bracket to that. I would never trust it to plasterboard alone, no matter what the fixing was. Even if it holds up now if there is ever any damp in that ceiling (including 'leaky' rodents) that fixing will eventually fail.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back