help chipboard flooting floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there to you all :D , I have fitted a warm water underfloor floating floor system 50mm thick polystyrene on top of this is a 18mm T&G chipboard so the whole floor is floating :confused: , i have laid 600mm x 600mm porcilen tiles i was advised to use a fixable tile adihsive for porcilen which i have done but the tiles are coming lose :evil: :cry: , i cant put another layer of board on top as it will affect the heating, can any one Help

Sponsored Links
Take up the floor, fix 50x50 battens to your subfloor with insulation & pipes between then fix at least 18mm WBP ply to the battens and then retile with flexi adhesive & grout. What you have at the moment has too much movement for the amount of flex in the adhesive. Also allow 28days after tileing before putting the heating on otherwise the adhesive will not cure correctly.

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back