Tiling on the T&G chipboard flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

I am renovating my ensuite. I've removed the existing floor tiles which were on laid on some kind of board that came up with the adhesive. Underneath that is the T&G chipboard flooring (24mm thick) which is green so I'm assuming that is moisture resistant.

Are there any issues with me tiling straight onto this board or should I lay WBP over the top of the chipboard?

Cheers
Simon

Sponsored Links
You can tile onto the chipboard if you use something like BAL rapid mat first. Sounds like something along those lines was used previously. I've tiled our ensuite onto chipboard T&G flooring using the BAL matting. And most of the rooms downstairs for that matter. No problems.
There are lots of similar products or you could use plywood, but that will raise the level of your floor which might be an issue. The BAL rapid including extra adhesive to stick it down only adds a couple of mm...

Sponsored Links
I tiled directly to my chipboard flooring in en suite , no problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back