Help! Concealed Shower

What are you using to try to seal the threads?

The iron doesn't need to be tight up to the body - the seal is the threads not iron to body

Sponsored Links
Have you used any jointing compound? Loctite will be better than PTFE. Try removing the shower first and attach pipes and fittings, then just re-screw into holes.

I have used the wrong fitting for one..
And I've tried ptfe and tru blu from rectorseal, ptfe enriched liquid. But I think these fittings and the loctite should do the job. I hope!
Thank you both for the help. I'll drop another message on here if I still have problems

The correct amount of ptfe or 55 thread, will allow you to position the bent irons in whatever direction you need.
It comes with practice and, with all the different valves and threads on the market, even us traders need to redo one sometimes to get it feeling "just right".
If in any doubt, then the straight iron and street elbow solution is always a work around but sometimes you just don't have the space availvable, due to studs etc.
The key is to connect it all up and pressurise the valve in order to test the inlet and outlet connections of the valve... Use various caps/stop ends on the outlets and leave the whole lot under pressure until the close up and tiling is finished.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help everyone.
Finally got around to doing it, used the loctite 55 with about 9 turns on the elbows and 7 or 8 on the straight. Picture is attached of what it now looks like.

Thanks again!

Attachments

• 15579499674269145761111731344846.jpg
    15579499674269145761111731344846.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 87

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back