Concealed shower valve access

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
Small problem I'm struggling to get my head around. I'm in the middle of fitting a bathroom with a concealed shower in a solid wall. brass body with valve with female inlets and outlets. I am struggling with which connections to use as the face plate only allows for a small access and male 1/2 inch elbows to compression would be tight to access for future working and soldiering 1/2 inch in place would mean it would be a nightmare to remove in the future. Not planning on it leaking but contentious an all. What's. Stud work is also not an option

Sponsored Links
I suppose one answer would be to cut a large top to the chase around the connections, wrap them in plastic and make good with a very weak sand/cement mix.

Hi thanks for the reply, I've soldered in place and will plan the tiles with a full one over the valve for access for the future. Not ideal but did advise them to get an exposed valve, (but she likes this one) !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back