help....dulux endurance on metal..?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I was intending to paint my hallway using Crown Easyclean Emulsion. It's meant to be a heard-wearing paint that can be scrubbed/cleaned without any problems. It also says it can be used on metal (i.e. radiators and pipes)....

Anyway, my wife has now decided she wants a different colour in Dulux's Endurance range. Like the Crown paint, it's hard-wearing...but...it doesn't state on the tub that it can be painted on metal.

I'd like to paint the radiator pipes the same colour as the walls if at all possible, but I'm a bit worried about doing so if there's no mention it's ok on the tub.

I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to decorating, so if anyone could give me some advice on this, it'd be much appreciated. I just don't want to paint the pipes with the Dulux only for it to start flaking when the rads are on. But on the other hand, the dulux paint appears to be just as hard-wearing as the Crown, so maybe it'd be ok?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sponsored Links
I have never used the Endurance range yet Emulsion paints can be applied to such surfaces, it is what lies beneath them that can be important. So what type of paint if any do you have.

Dec

The endurance is the retail Trade diamond matt
I've used it on rads ok.. just make sure you abrade the paint on the metal surface especcially if its gloss. with 120 paper, just enough to dull the gloss, not strip it.
;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back