Help:- Electrics for a cooker hood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys

firstly apologies if this post is not in the right section but I am in need of some advice!

I have recently aquired a cooker hood and I am in the process of installing the flue system for but my question is about the electrics than anything else.

In the cooker hood itself a 1m length of 2core flex, that seems to be joined in the middle with a junction box.

My question is, would it be possible to fit a 3amp plug on the end of this flex and then plug it into a fused plug/wall socket? or does it need to go to a plug socket, that then in turn leads to an FCU?

Sorry if this seems like a daft question but I though I'd better ask first!

Sponsored Links
If it were you, and you lived in the West Midlands, would you apply for Building Regulations approval in advance, like the law requires? ;)

Sorry if this seems like a daft question but I though I'd better ask first!
It's not a daft question, nor does it show that you are daft, but you were right to ask first because it shows that you really don't know enough about electrical installation work to be doing it.

If you want the hood installed this year then I suggest you get an electrician, and if you want to DIY I suggest you put the job on hold until you've learned more.

The Wiki and For Reference topics here are useful, as are the books and websites listed here:

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=75416#75416

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=60849#60849

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back