cooker hood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am installing a new ring in my kitchen, there is going to be a cooker hood fitted aswell, i have put a single socket outlet high up( in the ring) to enable me to fit a plug on the end of the hood flex and then just plug the hood in.Would this be exceptable..

Sponsored Links
Yes.
you could use a switched fused connection unit instead of a socket.

I dont wish to "hijack" this post, but my question was very similar - I have both an extractor and a gas hob to plug in. Can I put a plug on the extractor and then plug that and the gas hob via a double adaptor into the socket on my cooker switch panel?

Messy, I know, but at the moment my cooker switch is at the back of a wall unit (which is another issue, maybe) so won't show too much.

Is this all safe/within regs? What about heat from the built-under oven on the cable from the gas hob? any prcautions I should take there?

Sponsored Links
the oven shouldnt give off that much heat behind it. main issue is gas hob near a plastic flex. it will look a mess. best really to find a ring main and extend it, fit 2 sockets, one high, one low.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back