HELP! Flickering LED spotlights with Smart Dimmer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So We're at final fix stage. Had 8 of these spotlights installed as we don't have much void and we like the look of them being flush:

ALUSSO LED Recessed Ceiling Lights, 7W 580LM LED Downlights Dimmable, 30MM Ultra Slim Round Black Spotlights

Wanted a black gloss smart dimmer switch so we installed this BUT we are getting flickering which is noticeable at 15% -20% dim

Have tried an alternative smart dimmer thinking it was that but no joy

I have also tried installing these Anti-Flicker LED Adaptor Module but they don't work:

Also tried this Varilight Glowfix load regulator :

I'm guessing I need to find compatible set here but can't find anything that matches the dimmer smart switch and the LED spots
Any ideas anyone?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Your not the only one to have problems, I also had problems using a smart switch not even a dimmer with G9 bulbs, I ended up changing the bulb to a much larger one.

The switch I used published a compatibility list, but it did not help only one bulb of G9 type listed, and it had a shimmer when switched on, and glowed when switched off, got some bulbs from the internet which cured it.

However now if I want to dim I use smart bulbs. It is simply too much hassle to dim LED lamps. I found these 1697291150166.png on ebay, and I look at the connection block and think that's not permitted, and 7 watt and 580 lumen is over the 75 lumen per watt minimum permitted but still not very good. But is says "compatible with trailing edge dimmers" and there is a mobile phone number so phone and ask what dimmer they use.

Personally I would use either GU10 or GX53 if surface mount required. Although not seen any smart GX53.

Sponsored Links
I"ve already contacted them and their support isn't great, just waiting for more clarity.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back