Help for Henry

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My partners Henry hoover packed in the other day so she went out and bought a new one. I wouldn't mind the old one for the garage and I am pretty sure there isn't much wrong with it. I have checked the fuse and the cable itself but they both seemed OK. I think the motor is probably OK and suspect that it might be the switch. She switched it on and it ran then immediately stopped. At the switch are a couple of brown wires and a couple of blue. If I join blue to blue and brown to brown should this bypass the switch?

I have a basic multimeter but I couldn't seem to make sense of what it is telling me (although I cant guarantee its working).

Any pearls of wisdom?

Thanks

D

Sponsored Links
Single or twin speed. Serial number. ? Check the lead at the plug end cut off and back by 2 inches also could be at the other end. Do the same yes you can bypass the switch by doing live to live Etc. Also check motor brushes poss worn and not making contact

Single or twin speed. Serial number. ? Check the lead at the plug end cut off and back by 2 inches also could be at the other end. Do the same yes you can bypass the switch by doing live to live Etc. Also check motor brushes poss worn and not making contact

Twin speed but I haven't got the serial number to hand at the moment. I have checked the cable all the way through and that is fine. So switch and brushes appear to be the next things to check.

What is the best way to check the switch with a basic meter?

Thanks

D

Sponsored Links
Yes. A continuity meter will be better if you got one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back