Help... Friend, Level Tiles... Am I being too Fussy!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help Guys... I have a friend tiling my bathroom and I am very ANAL! What can I expect as tolerence with wall tiles... they do not run smooth as I place my hand on them, slight drops or gains of mm between solid stone tiles.... Am I just being too fussy? Oh boy!!!! I dont know what experienced tilers would say.....

Sponsored Links
Ideally they should be perfectly flat, however, this is not always that easy to do if the walls are not true. The problem is exacerbated as the tile increase in size.

to be honest if you want a professional finish you are probably best to use one. Getting friends to do things removes the option to complain to the same extent as you would otherwise.

Yeah, I understand. He is a professional tiler... The walls are plaserboard and where 4 tiles meet... none are the same level..... I dont know!

Sponsored Links
Yeah, I understand. He is a professional tiler... The walls are plaserboard and where 4 tiles meet... none are the same level..... I dont know!

friend or no friend if your not happy tell him, and if he is a pro tiler as you say he will sort it at his cost

if they are natural stone tiles they tend to come in a wide variety of thicknesses but a pro or competent diyer should be able to butter them properly to get them pretty level.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back