Help!!!!! Frozen or Blocked Pipes?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've joined the forum after struggling with 2 Radiators that have suddenly stopped working. I have a pretty old central heating system with the tank in the loft and a separate one in an airing cupboard. A week ago the radiator in my kitchen and lounge literally stopped working overnight. I have had the heating on nearly every day due to the cold weather, i don't understand why they have stopped working. The pipes in my home are a mixture of the really small ones and the normal ones?. I have bled the radiators, no air or water is coming out of them even the pipes leading to the radiators are cold. I have tried closing all the other radiators but nothing happens. Initially I thought I may have a frozen pipe, but I'm not sure anymore. I am unable to follow the pipes because they go into the roof space above my kitchen then through the walls and into the radiators. There is no access to the kitchen roof space. I really don't want to tear my ceiling down to check the pipes. I really need some help because I am at a loss as to what to do.. every plumber I have called has told me to close the other rads or just said my pipes are frozen??.. all the pipes are under the roof space in my kitchen so why would are only these radiators affected???

Sponsored Links
Microbore pipes freeze faster than bigger ones. I'd be tempted to knock a hole through the ceiling and poke a hairdryer through it...

Microbore pipes freeze faster than bigger ones. I'd be tempted to knock a hole through the ceiling and poke a hairdryer through it...

Thanks, there is a small loft near my bathroom extension which gives a tiny amount of access into the roof space.. if I can get a small heater up here would it do the same job??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back