Help hanging 700 wide wall-hung basin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope that somebody can help me (again!) :)

We've bought a Twyfords Pure Energy basin (a badged Keramag 50 by Antonio Citterio).

The basin is intended to be wall hung and has an integral chrome towel rail (not shown on this picture):

s223170.jpg

The basin is 700mm wide and has 430mm screw hole centres which has meant it's not possible to use any of the basin mounting frames sold in the UK:

k223170.jpg

Our walls are cinderblock and we were always intending to put up a stud wall to hide the pipes behind as the basin does not even have a semi-pedestal.

We've weighed the basin today and it weighs 34kg and the towel rail another 4kg.

I'm looking for advice on fixing the basin and the size of studs I will need. I have thought about using 25mm ply to fix to as Easi Plan's basin frames use 25mm ply to fix to:

AbacusStandard.jpg

I'm considering use Fischer basin kit but what framing would people recommend? 75mm x 75mm studs (with a hole through one side at one point for the 32mm waste pipe and two other holes for 15mm hot and cold) or bigger? 25mm ply for the basin to fix to or a noggin? If a noggin, what size? What would you use to fix the framing to the cinderblock wall.

You'd think Twyfords would recognise that the screw hole centres are much wider than standard in europe and offer good advice but their suggestion was to ask my builder! If I've got one I'd like to know where they've been hiding whilst I've fitted the kitchen and the rest of the bathroom! :LOL:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back