Wall hung basin not levelling

just checked product information on the victoria plumb website and it says this:

Featuring thin edges, strong angular features, and a gently tapering design that is carried on through both the basin and semi pedestal, this wall hung basin sits firmly at the forefront of modern bathroom design.

Is the taper bit potentially referring to the fall in gradient?

Sponsored Links
I would think that means wider at the front than the back

Looking at your image with the set square it's not too far out. You may have some rubber washers to go on the back off the sink too that will push it forward a bit. Just make sure the wall is vertical when you put the plasterboard on.

Once all is screwed in you will have a bit of play to level out and as long as the sink is sitting on a stable pedestal it will be fine.

You need the back of the basin flush to the wall for full support, if you do that and look from either side, does the back plate of the basin look square to the back/top of the basin or is it out of square? If it's square then I would just level it left to right, the fall to the front may just be the design.

If its out of square then casting may be out.

I've done it the other way round. I made the basin level using a piece of timber wedged on the underside of the front edge to the floor, and the top of the back of the basin is touching the wall, with a small gap between wall and bottom edge of basin.

With my wall not being 100% vertically level, this makes sense why there is a small gap at the bottom in order to make it level.

I've got the pedestal template now that I've wedges the sink so hopefully once it's sat on that it will be ok?

I would think that means wider at the front than the back

Looking at your image with the set square it's not too far out. You may have some rubber washers to go on the back off the sink too that will push it forward a bit. Just make sure the wall is vertical when you put the plasterboard on.

Once all is screwed in you will have a bit of play to level out and as long as the sink is sitting on a stable pedestal it will be fine.

Just seen your reply... The walll isn't 100% level, it's 2-3mm out. Hopefully be ok though?

Sponsored Links
You could probably get it vertical by the time you put plasterboard and tiles on depending on how you're doing it.

Fischer basin fixings. You'll need a timber ground in the wall to fix it to.

Struggling to find something that will be suitable to fit the semi pedestal part of the unit. If I use basin fixings they'll stick out of the pedestal way too far.

Both of my semi pedestals are clipped to the basin with heavy duty sprung hooks....that part works well enough..
One of mine though slopes towards the wall so the back of it is constantly wet which doesn't help the sealant situation - that one is an Ideal, I think and wasn't cheap.
When I have an issue like yours I pop the waste in, plug things up and then see if the water hits the overflow before slopping over the front edge :eek: a reasonable enough test, I think!
John :)

If the wall board needs to be wedged slightly so the back of the basin sits square and flat against the wall board then that would be my preferred option for maximum support, wouldn't want any possible movement there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back