help! high water pressure...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, got home from work yesterday, set the kids bath to run as normal

turned the bath mixer tap to hot (we have a bosch worcester combi boiler) where the water normally comes out slow but very hot

anyway the water shot out really fast, which was odd and was quite brown and cold...after a minute the water ran clear again but the water was still really flying out of the tap even when the mixer was turned to hot

as far as i know nothing has changed, i can reduce the flow on the mixer tap so that it does come out slowly and this does give me hot water

but why has the pressure suddenly changed, why did the water go briefly brown and should i be worried?

thanks for any thoughts...Sd

Sponsored Links
Have the water board being doing any work in the area? Water may have been interrupted for a short time

not water board work that i know of, i've spoken to the neighbours and they don't seem to have any similar problems...

Sponsored Links
could have been a blockage which got pushed through, it would explain why your pressure was low and a load of crap came out :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back