Help: humming noise once the motorised valve is closed

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
I wanted to reach out regarding a peculiar issue I've been experiencing with my heating system, and I'm seeking your expertise for guidance.

I have a combi-boiler located downstairs, with the tank and motorized valves situated upstairs, specifically two zones and hot wanter. Recently, I've observed that once the heating is switched off, both valves emit a humming noise for approximately 10 seconds after the light indicator goes off. Concerned about potential valve problems, I promptly had them replaced. Initially, after the replacement, the system was tested and the noise seemed to have disappeared. However, to my dismay, the humming noise resurfaced about 2 hours later.

It's worth noting that there is no noise when the hot water valve is in operation.

I've checked the pressure on the gauge, and both the gauge and boiler are within acceptable limits. To provide you with a clearer understanding, I've attached a photo of my hot press.

I'm at a loss as to what the next course of action should be. Your insights into this matter would be immensely appreciated. If you require any additional information or clarification, please feel free to ask.

Attachments

• 20240119_140624.jpg
    20240119_140624.jpg
    342.9 KB · Views: 26
Sponsored Links
I just troubleshooted a bit more and found that the balance valve was sticky. Turned right, and left few times and the humming noise seemed to be cured. The picture is attached.

Attachments

• IMG-20240119-WA0025 (1).jpg
    IMG-20240119-WA0025 (1).jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 21

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back