HELP!! I HAVE HOT WATER OVERFLOWING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
CAN ANY ONE HELP, I HAVE HOT WATER OVERFLOWING FROM THE SMALL TANK IN MY LOFT.. I HAVE HAD A LOOK AND IT IS COMING FROM A CROOKED PIPE INTO THE TANK NOT THE FEED. MY SYSTEM IS 15 YEARS OLD (MYSON APOLLO). BRITISH GAS HOMEPLAN CAME OUT AND DIDN'T EVEN LOOK :evil: ...SAID OLD SYSTEM.. ALSO GETTING ALOT OF AIR INTO THE RADIATORS TOO...
THANKS ALL!!!!

Sponsored Links
is the water that is coming out the the crooked pipe v v hot (and steaming) - is it very noisy and then quiet and then noisy again .... could be boiler stat has stuck (and boiler has no overheat stat to cut out/put boiler to lockout)...

air in rads could be caused by fresh air continuously getting into the system due to the pumping over.

NOT TOO HOT TO BE HONEST WITH NO APPARENT NOISE... LOOKED AT BOILER STAT AND IT JUST HAS ...HIGH/OFF/LOW.. SORRY BUT NOT TOO CLUED UP WITH ALL THIS.. THANK YOU FOR YOUR QUICK REPLY RENEEL

how long has the problem been like this for??

boiler stats if failed, even if the setting is low can STICK in the ON position and cause the water to get to boiling point and thus be ejected from the vent pipe - and the noise is usually causes because most vent pipes are not clipped too well!!!...

Sponsored Links
sorry for shouting... been doing it non stop for nearly 3 weeks...been switching the boiler to off and its still coming out???? thanks

is it doing it from cold or only when been on a while ?

and don't SHOUT.

if when cold, your thinking pinholed calorifier ??!!! i thought that but he said from the vent not the feed so ruled it out..... ?

no i was just thinking of a blockage in the cold feed or general pipework.

reading the ops last post i'm going for a sludged/blocked system

whats the condition of the water in the tank ?

sounds like a holed coil in the hot water cylinder - is the water coming over the vent poipe (u-shaped pipe) or up through the cold feed inside the header tank??

dont really know too much as this is not my field but i'll have a go...have small tank next to the large cold supply tank..now the water is coming from a 22mm crook shape pipe next to the ball valve feed...definately not the feed... is probably filling 3 pints a minute..????

is not the coil holed then! - is weird, if this is happening when cold - then am not sure why!..... as seco said maybe a blockage?..

oooh... i forgot, not sure if this i right but the paddle box quite often seems to get stuck between A & B trying to move eitherway every other second.....is that usual??

if its getting stuck im 100% going for a sludged system.

try turning your pump speed down to 1.
if you have a magnet try running that along the pipe where the cold feed meets the main system. does it stick at all ?

I agree it could be a sludged up system (probably in or around the tee piece where the cold feed joins the system) but this pumping over would not happen with the system cold!! what type of diverter valve do you have/what make?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back