HELP!! I HAVE HOT WATER OVERFLOWING

I agree it could be a sludged up system (probably in or around the tee piece where the cold feed joins the system) but this pumping over would not happen with the system cold!! what type of diverter valve do you have/what make?

well it would if its blockage hot or cold the pump is still operating at same speed.

Sponsored Links
seco your a star mate... i'll give it me best shot.. do you think that would be causing the overflowing and air problems then... thanks mate

yes but the pump would not be on if the system was cold surely? when the OP said cold, i pressumed he meant with the system turned off!!

why would the diverter valve flickering be caused by sludge also?!! seems weird as the OP said the water looked fine!...

yes but the pump would not be on if the system was cold surely?

if you switch your heating on from cold in the morning soon as the boiler starts the pump will kick in.
the pump runs as long as the boilers firing.

do you mean when he said its switch off its still pumping over.

i would say thats on the pump overrun

Sponsored Links
yes but the pump would not be on if the system was cold surely?

if you switch your heating on from cold in the morning soon as the boiler starts the pump will kick in.
the pump runs as long as the boilers firing.

:oops:

sorry! i was thinking the OP measnt with the system turned completely off!!! :LOL:

still not sure why the DV would be flickering over though like that!...

if i switch off my boiler how long should it take for the overflow to stop flowing... as i'm pretty sure its continuous....

if i switch off my boiler how long should it take for the overflow to stop flowing... as i'm pretty sure its continuous....

few mins.
feel the pump running then when it stops the vent should stop.

and as mentioned what make/model valve have you ?

the paddle type box is a LANDIS & GYR MODEL V322 tried the magnet thing but had that much paint on pipes along with a very weak magnet didnt stick.. will try switching off.. alot of noise such a water and air in pump itself..

Seco, I have to admit: you are tops.... i've learned from this post :) Top plumber.
The only thing left is... the OP has said the water looks clean?!! :confused:

yes the clean water don't help solve the problem.
hummm.gif

seco... i have been told before though and seen that clean water (in the tank/when first draining a system) can be a false sign..... sludge can hide :LOL:

If I were from essex I'd love to be your plumbers mate!! :) Top man!

well i've got good old british gas home care coming out again tomorrow,...and they ain't bloody leaving until they solve it.. how long does the pump take to stop once switched off as it's still running???

kif the wiring is correct, and the pump overun hasn't STUCK then as seco said about 10mins... until water temp is below about 60 degree s C!

once your boiler shuts down it should only run for a few min.

thats unless its only shut down by the boiler stat and heating not to temp.

if you turn the hw off at programmer and heating down on wall stat the boiler should shut down for good and the pump on overrun for a few min to remove excess heat from the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back