HELP!! I HAVE HOT WATER OVERFLOWING

I bet those cartridge ones are the worst!! - so many different types...

what part of essex are you from? i have family there.. in grays!!

Sponsored Links
any tap insert theirs thousands.
the cheap imports are the worst taps, toilets etc.

grays just up the road
i'm near benfleet.

yeah i agree - at least with a washer you can cut it to size!! - what sort of probs do you get with toilets...?? (siphon probs)? the imported cheap stuff is horrible i totally agree. Looks crap too!!

I have heard of benfleet - used to go to grays a lot... to the footie ground mainly! ha!! never won a game there!!

toilets the do-nut washers gone
syphons mainly/float valves.

had one on new yrs day once someone had fell over p*ssed and the toilet fixing had come out the wooden floor so the toilet had moved on the waste outlet then they flushed it. all over his bathroom floor.

benfleets a bit further down the a13 another 10 mins

Sponsored Links
:D what alcohol does to you!!!!!

can i ask you a question please mate - a while ago, i drained our CH system to fix a TRV (fitted a new one), had to drain as the bung wouldn't hold for some reason - on re-fill it took ages - why was this?? is it just bad system design? If i ever have to drain our system again it'd think twice!!!!!! are there any ways to fill it quicker? I opened the MV fully manually and everything, it just took flipping ages!!!

i go to grays now and then to see family, and have been to the footie ground 3 times for games, this was before grays were in the confefrence/blue swuare prem though. they were a hard team to beat-never won there!!

poss just an airlock restricting it.
bad designed system

or muck can be its worst enermy.

Yeah i suppose an airlock - i didn't backfill, just filled normally via the header tank float valve.

Can I ask you one more q please seco: can the heat exchanger be the cause of pumping over (into header tank)? the symptoms seemed like boiler stat failure to me but maybe not?! :oops:

boilers now days the h/e are so easy to block and cause untold problems not like the old cast iron h/e never get any problem with them

that is true - the old boilers made of cast iron were larger and a lot better - although the new boiler's have an overheat stat and things that prevent pumping over, (esp if a sealed system)!! :) - so no pumping over

i agree..... open vented seem a lot more reliablelong term than the new modern systems. I have an O/V system.

Actually a question on O/V system seco - i read a post (can't rem where)! that someone drained down an O/V system and after re-filling the boiler soon cut out - or to be exact the pilot went out! - what would cause this?? :confused:

pilot shouldn't go out.
can understand the boiler only running for a few mins then tripping the overheat stat and need resetting.

pump needs bleeding.

but i have had things go down when i been doing something else just bad luck that you disturb the system and something on its last legs disides to break down when your there
so another problem you have to sort before you carry on. and customer always says you broke it, not its worn out.

Sorry to break in on this, but it may have been worth advising the op about the extortionate fees BG will try to charge for a powerflush to clean out his alleged sludged system.

yeah i agree, boiler may overheat if airlock (lack of circulation) and overheat stat trip and need re-setting. but if older boiler and no overheat stat - then pumping over may occur - but not pilot go out!!!

was a weird one!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back