Help - I have no heat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I recently bought my first flat and am having problems with the heating. It was working fine until last night when the heating went off and wont come back on.

The boiler has gas, electricity and water coming to it. I have hot water but not heat. My thermostat is a Honeywell DT200. However I do not seem able to change the temperature on the thermostat itself. It is currently on 18.5 degrees and every time I try to put it up, as it needs to be at least 21 degrees to get the boiler to stay on for heating, it flashes and wont stay on the temperature selected and reverts back to 18.5 degrees.

Any ideas because I am cold and cannot afford a plumber!!

I'd be really grateful for a reply.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Stat is telling you what the temperature IS , until you press the buttons.

Can't help at all unless you tell us what your boiler/system IS.

The system pressure is currenlty 1.5. Not sure of boiler make, it is a combi, will check and come back.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Tell us the boiler make and model but being realistic I expect that you may be going to remain cold if you cannot afford a plumber!

Have you replaced the batteries in the thermostat?

Have you followed the instructions to re-establish comunication between the stat and the boiler unit?

Why not cancel your next holiday and get the boiler fixed professionally?

Tony

sounds like the receivers playing up. is there a small box near the boiler with a green light on it?

If there's a small white box near the boiler, there should be an override button on it which you can press to activate the relay. Try pushing that and that may give you heat temporarily.

The Instructions for the DT200 are Here

You can download them and/or print them off.

Don't bother looking for a box with a green light :!: The DT200 is not a wireless stat, so it can't lose communication. The batteries are there to run the display. If you replace them, you have to press the reset button as per instructions.

Hi All

Thanks so much for your help, I have heat!! Replaced batteries in thermostat and followed the instructions to reset the temperature!!

Thank you.!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back