help, i painted walls touched up and its noticable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all again, i have just painted my bedroom in dulux grey and i used a roller to apply, after the paint had dried i touched the wall up in places with a mini roller( only 4 small spots), only to find that when this dried you can see were i rollered it, so i decided to use a brush to go over the mini roller only to find that this is to the same effect, I only have dregs left in the bottom of the tub of paint now which would go over them one more time, does anyone know why this is happening????

Sponsored Links
Once you've painted a wall/ceiling, leave it. It's fatal to go back over it touching up here and there..... It makes it even worse if you touch up a rollered wall with a paint brush. The best thing you could have done, was bought another tin of paint, and gone over the whole wall again with the roller. You'll know better next time.

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back