HELP!! Ideal Icos Boiler. Water only getting warm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys and Gals,

First post so hi to all.

We have an ideal icos boiler and a water tank upstairs. Last sunday the central heating pump started to make a god almighty noise and got really hot. I switched everything off and isolated all power as we were rushing out. When i got back i built the water pressure back up and switched everything back on. Its still making a faint humming noise.

The hot water is now only getting luke warm despite turning the temp all the way up and having it set to constant.

We have had a few probs over the last few months with radiator valves popping off etc (its a new david wilson home) which weve had to replace olives and tighten everything up. The only problem i can forsee is... is it possible for the heating system to be low on water if so how do i refill it or does it refill itself.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
If the pump is noisey, get the builders back to replace it. You have a nearly unconditional warranty for 2 years with a new house.

Use it for your benefit ;)

is it an icos or icos system boiler ?? What controls and motorized valves do you have. Is it a thermal store or normal unvented cylinder????
Is there a pressure guage anywhere??

Sponsored Links
The only pressure guage i can see is one under a red tank aobve the water tank. The water tank is a megaflow and i assume its an icos boiler in the kitchen. Ther are what appears to be a couple of motorised valve in the cupboard upstairs with the tank and heating pump. One is cased in aluminium and one is cased in plastic. Both have a metal lever on top with "MAN" & "AUTO" on. sorry im not very technical when it comes to boiler systems so please forgive my vague descriptions. The manual for the boiler in the kitchen says its HE12 if that helps anyone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back