no life in my ideal icos

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a a-class boilermate ov and a ideal icos. i currently have no hot water. the a-class still appears to be working but the ideal icos shows no life at all. i have checked fuse box and all is well. someone suggested that there might be a trip switch situated near the icos but there is none to be seen. have tried switchin off and on again and has turned power off and on again but as i said the icos just looks like no power is going to it.

any suggestions

Sponsored Links
Do you mean there are not lights/led's/ sounds coming from the boiler no matter what you do?

It really does sound as if the boiler has failed which is quite common with that model!

If you were competent to do so you could test for power at the input to the boiler and at the call for heat connection.

May be time to call someone?

Tony

Sponsored Links
1. check that the 5 pin plug underneath in centre hasn't come apart.
2. if above doesn't sort it then it most likely that the PCB has failed depending on which version of the front control you have you will need either a PCB at around £150 - 170 or a PCB retro kit at around £200- 220 just for the part/s
IDEAL REFUSE TO ACCEPT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG !!!! despite numerous boiler failures and insist on it being the installers fault that their boilers are shiiiite

1. check that the 5 pin plug underneath in centre hasn't come apart.
2. if above doesn't sort it then it most likely that the PCB has failed depending on which version of the front control you have you will need either a PCB at around £150 - 170 or a PCB retro kit at around £200- 220 just for the part/s
IDEAL REFUSE TO ACCEPT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG !!!! despite numerous boiler failures and insist on it being the installers fault that their boilers are shiiiite
thanks that that, i will let you know the outcome

Unfortunately this is a pcb failure again.

Personally I would get Ideal in on a fixed price call out and pay the extra for the 12 month warranty they offer. £299 in total.

Unfortunately this is a pcb failure again.

Personally I would get Ideal in on a fixed price call out and pay the extra for the 12 month warranty they offer.

£299 in total.
:eek:
That is more than the boiler is worth.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back