Help & Ideas please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I don't post a lot on here but read posts all the time as I'm just getting in to woodwork as a hobby, so I know nowt really so can't help with anything.
But now I need some ideas & help/advice & really do need it, we came down this morning & found our 9 month old kitten had past away during the night & she is being cremated & I would like to make a nice box for her ashes when she comes home but don't know where to start or the best way to get a nice finish/design & best wood to use so any help would be grateful.

Cheers
Ken

Sponsored Links
we have no idea what your skills are
what tools you have or
what your expectations are

easiest way is 12mm ply with a nice veneer showing glue and nail
then buy some "L" shaped moulding for exposed end grain or fill and varnish/paint

but then you could use 22mm planed timber and tongue and groove the joins

Hi big-all tools probably the only thing I don't really have to worry to much about as I have a Titan table saw, Ryobi tools are ERT1500V Router, 240v Circular saw, one+ Planer, one+ Circular saw, one+ Jig saw, one+Drills x3, Evolution Fury3 Miter saw, but skill is something else :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Don't tell him you've got a load of Ryobi gear - he'll want to marry you. :mrgreen:

Hi big-all tools probably the only thing I don't really have to worry to much about as I have a Titan table saw, Ryobi tools are ERT1500V Router, 240v Circular saw, one+ Planer, one+ Circular saw, one+ Jig saw, one+Drills x3, Evolution Fury3 Miter saw, but skill is something else :LOL:

what shape are you thinking about ?
square oblong coffin shaped :D :D

with a router its easy to do a basic box with 22mm thick pine sides say 6 inch deep [22x145] rebate top and bottom 5.5mm glue in 5.5mm ply
you will now have a solid box

set your circular saw for around 30mm and run your saw through the well secured box

i would suggest you set your table saw at 30mm and run the box through but your are not allowed to do this as you have to remove the guard and riving knife which is allowed in america but not here:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back