Help identify this part

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a shower which isn't pumping hot water and I had a plumber mate look at the problem. He took apart the pump and found that a switch on the hot water pipe is faulty. He spoke to a plumbing supplier and they quoted £75+vat this part, which seems excessive for such an insignificant part!

I've taken a photo of it and this can be seen at the link below. There's an identical one on the cold water pipe too.

There's no name or part number on this. Can anyone tell me what this is called (part number?), how much it costs or where I can buy on online? The pump is a Monsoon 102T.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j189/frankiem_bucket/switch.jpg

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
if you contact manufacturer with all the relevant details they will help also they have appointed repairers countrywide
hope this helps

Thanks for responses but this part doesn't seem to be supplied by Stewart Turner along with the pump, as it doesn't appear on the parts list on that site.

It looks to me more like it was added by whoever fitted the pump and that's what makes me think its a generic part fitted to all types of similar parts. There's a wire from this box on both the hot and cold pipes going into the "Terminal Box" but it doesn't appear on the parts diagram.

Can anyone identify it, so that I'd even know what to search for online? ! :)

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Monsoon 102 isn't shown on that site but similar switches are shown for other pumps...talk to ST direct.

Is the plumber sure the switch is faulty?...may be just a stuck magnet.

Is the plumber sure the switch is faulty?...may be just a stuck magnet.

He tested it by blowing down the hot and cold inlets to pump after he had removed the pump from the system - cold passed air OK but hot didn't (which was the initial problem, hot water not reaching the shower). Is there anything else he could do?

Your image shows the reed switch assembly...this has nothing to do with water flow through the pump...the switch just turns the pump on when the magnet rises with water flow.

Have the strainers been checked? Blowing air through the pump proves very little.

Why don't you just get the plumber to fix it...if he can't you don't pay him..simple enough.

Gasguru, thanks for your guidance. :D

I spoke with Stewart Turner and the problem turned out to due to the flow magnet assembly on the hot water outlet pipe being stuck closed. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back