Help Identifying a built in early 1990’s shower: ANS: Mira 723

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
My parent’s 30 year old shower has a seized thermostat; I’d like to have go at repairing it, but I can’t find any distinguishing labels or logos. My Dad has an idea it is a Mira model.. that’s all I have to go on. I’ll try and attach a few images..
Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Hold the front page! My Dad’s just found the cover plate which had gone AWOL; It’s a Mira 723
Having found that out, next question is: what causes the thermostat to lock solid? I understand it got progressively stiffer, so i’m hoping a service/seal kit, clean and grease up will sort it out..

@phil63

it may be clogged with limescale. You can take mixers apart, descale, polish up moving parts with a green nylon scourer, lube with silicone grease and reassemble, but unless you can get the correct "O" rings it will probably leak.

There will be utube videos for that, or similar, models

You could see if an overhaul kit is available. Mira mixers were sold in millions.

or just buy a new replacement

edit
example

other parts

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thanks John; I've found an overhaul kit online for £20 or so, so that's what I'll do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back