HELP I'M LOCKED OUT!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have no idea how it happened but this morning i loaded my back seat from passenger door, placed keys on driver seat and closed passenger door. When i tried to open ANY door they were all locked!! My car is a 2003 nissan micra and we managed to get a loop around the handle and give it a tug from the inside (this usually unlocks it and opens it from the inside) but nothing happened. the locked car red light is flashing and my keys are still sitting on the drivers seat. Have tried to look into the car door body (down behind weather seal) but not really sure what it is i'm looking for. WOuld really love to be able to get to work tomorrow as my car share had to come to the rescue (star!) today and my car is essential to me. Can;t really afford the £100 call out fee or joining AA at £168 for cover and call out this time.
ANY HELP AS TO HOW TO 'BREAK IN' TO MY OWN LOVELY LITTLE CAR WOULD BE MUCH OBLIGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
No spare key?
Be advised, if the worst comes to the worst, its cheaper to pop a door window glass than the rear ones......
John :)

Thanks for the advice...ended up not coming to that. Had a man come out at 10pm last night and he managed to lever the door and with the rod we'd been using press the button on the keys. Coud've got there ourselves with a bigger lever. Anyone who needs to do it in future lever with a long screwdriver, put in something to wedge it wider (a cheese block of wood etc), get a ling wire/thin rod and put it inat the corner of the drivers door and work along either over the handle and pull it or press some button!

I wonder what that guys real occupation is?? :p
Time for a spare key maybe? I'm pleased you didn't have to resort to my technique....
John :)

Sponsored Links
Call 0800 363636 explain which window is broken. Then get a piece of newspaper smear with syrup or honey or something else sticky. Place on window that you informed autoglass was broken. Whack with hammer. Crude but effective. Reason the key got loked in was that you didn't open the drivers door, therefore the car automatically relocks itself.

My wife managed to get locked out of our Renault Kangoo in the same way, because the interior light switch for the tailgate wasn't working. If it doesn't sense a door opening within about a minute of unlocking, it re-locks itself. Unlock and open a door (that has a working courtesy light switch! :oops: ) and it stays unlocked.

I now have a spare key (cheap & cheerful, no immobiliser chip or anything) stored away in the house just in case......

Back