Help! I'm not a DIY guy!

JohnD said:
Daz223 said:
The door now closes perfectly, although it's pretty uneven where I've been shaving away at it.

Tell Father Christmas you need a plane to smooth it off. it's a very satisfying tool to use if kept sharp. They are surprisingly expensive so ask round your uncles and other older relatives who might have an old one in the shed.

Well I would ask my relatives, if I actually kept in touch with them that is. Trouble is, they don't seem too concerned about my welfare, so I'm kind of disinclined to do so.

Sponsored Links
Daz223 said:
You're kidding! I ought to take it back to B&Q if that's the case, that makes no sense at all.

A chisel is sharp when you can hold up a piece of newspaper, and push the edge of the chisel straight into it, and it CUTS!!

Anything else means you can do better. To start with, this could take you more than 30 minutes to achieve, (took me hours) you may get quicker with time. You also need the right kit to do it, which will cost more than the chisel.

Some chisels will take a much better edge than others.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back