help/information on moving gas meter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
9Hi I am renovating a old bungalow, the meter is located on the inside of the property, who would I call to enquire about getting it moved on the outside of the property, I know building regs are that on new build they are to be located on the outside of a property, the incoming gas pipe would be no issue as it would just be going in the same position but on the outside wall. also would this be something I would have to pay for?

Thanks

Sam

Sponsored Links
I expect that you will have to pay unless the current position is not safe.
I was quoted over £3000 to move mine. Fortunately a GSE noticed that it was unsafe as someone in the past had built over the supply pipe and I had ended up with a plastic gas pipe in my garage. Cadent eventually moved it at no cost, to make it safe, as it was not me who had made it unsafe (it was a previous owner of the property).

Sponsored Links
Whether you pay depends on the circumstances. I had mine moved for free as the meter was in a cupboard under the sink and hard to get to read it. SGN did it at no cost.

In 2011 moving my external gas meter from a surface mounted box to a semi concealed box cost £594 + VAT £118.80

1673427317578.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back